Friday, August 29, 2014

Epic swim!




I got to the lake just after 6am and it was bloody cold (7oC in the air) and foggy (about 50m visibility). I stood on the dock staring out into the abyss, trying to remember which way was up the lake, as the whiteout was thoroughly disorientating. Usually when swimming in open water, you sight landmarks as you go (usually features on the horizon, the sun, or if you're desperate clouds - although they obviously move!!) by taking a 'water polo' stroke (lifting your head above the surface of the water) every few strokes. Today this was pointless, as there was nothing but fog to sight!! So with the cold and foggy conditions I had two great excuses to skip doing the swim. But I did it anyway of course :-) !!!

The water on the lake was like silk, and swimming in the fog was like being in a float tank. The cold bit into my arms and torso from the get go, and hovered over my body for the full 2hrs. At least it motivated me to keep swimming hard!!! The poor visibility forced me to hug the treeline on the way out, but the first half of the swim was a breeze, covering the 3.65 km to the turn in just under an hour. As I headed back though, the wind picked up just enough to break the surface of the water, and with cold and fatigue setting in the return was more challenging. The upside was that the breeze lifted the fog, and visibility improved considerably. After about 6 km, my right shoulder started to complain, forcing me to refocus my technique to increase body roll and improve my stroke efficiency to take some of the pressure off the joint. The cold had really set in by this point, but, with the fog gone, the marina at the end of the lake was just visible a few hundred meters away, so I pressed on to the finish. Total distance, just over 7 km according to my GPS, a little shorter than I'd estimated from the map. 

I ripped my wetsuit and swim gear off and immediately started to shiver, hands shaking and teeth chattering, as I toweled off in the car park; in a slapstick fashion I stumbled into my dry clothes, hopping around on the towel, trying to keep my balance while pulling on socks, jeans and t-shirt. Not at all glamorous, but I totally love this sh*t!!!

4 comments:

  1. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from diabetes , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband was diagnosed of diabetes and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he had difficulty eating, and he always complain of stomach pain and he always Urinat often . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to diabetes . I never imagine diabetes has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. diabetes has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098765@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am Richard, I am here to testify about a great herbalist  man who cured my wife of breast cancer. His name is Dr Imoloa. My wife went through this pain for 3 years, i almost spent all i had, until i saw some testimonies online on how Dr. Imoloa cure them from their diseases, immediately i contacted him through. then he told me the necessary things to do before he will send  the herbal medicine. Wish he did through DHL courier service, And he instructed us on how to apply or drink the medicine for good two weeks. and to greatest surprise before the upper third week my wife was relief from all the pains, Believe me, that was how my wife was cured from breast cancer by this great man. He also have powerful herbal medicine to cure diseases like: Alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease, Back Pain, Back Sprain, Bipolar Disorder, Brain Tumor, Malignant, Bruxism, Bulimia, Cervical Disc Disease, Cardiovascular Disease, Neoplasms , chronic respiratory disease, mental and behavioral disorder, Cystic Fibrosis, Hypertension, Diabetes, Asthma, Autoimmune inflammatory media arthritis ed. chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease, impotence, alcohol spectrum feta, dysthymic disorder, eczema, tuberculosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, lupus disease, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis ABC, syphilis, diarrhea, HIV / AIDS, Huntington's disease, back acne, chronic kidney failure, addison's disease, chronic pain, Crohn's pain, cystic fibrosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory Bowel disease, fungal nail disease, Lyme disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major depression, Malignant melanoma, Mania, Melorheostosis, Meniere's disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, Rheumatoid arthritis. You can reach him Email Via drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com / whatsapp +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete