Tuesday, August 19, 2014

5 days to go!!!

I'm staring to get ground rush!!! After months of training, race-day is nearly upon me (or me on it). The weather this week is appalling, with high winds, torrential rain, and the decisive drop in the air and water temperature. I live about 100 km from Copenhagen, and unfortunately the weather is essentially the same there. But, if I'm going to find the conditions challenging, I'm damn sure others are going to find it crushing, and that difference gives me an edge over some of the field at least!!!

This week has involved light and easy sessions of biking on the indoor trainer and then heading out for short, fast runs, followed by a 1 or 2 km swim later in the day. Nothing too strenuous, but enough to keep me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment