Monday, May 19, 2014

Why do an IronMan triathlon?



Me and my son Hunter (Photo credit: K Joshipura)
I used to do a lot of triathlons and other ultra-endurance events but when we had kids I stopped. My wife decided to take up Ironman a couple of years ago and has quickly become very good (she was on the Swedish women’s team last year, finishing 9th at the world championships in her age-group and placing top 10 at a couple of other major international ironman events). I felt very inspired by this and thought I’d also start racing Ironman again, so I’ve done a few half and full Ironman events in the past couple of years.

I primarily study gene-environment interactions in type 2 diabetes, obesity and CVD. I also study early life risk factors for type 2 diabetes, obesity and CVD (from a genetic and lifestyle perspective). Therefor I wanted to take the opportunity to raise money for diabetes research with this campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment