Friday, May 30, 2014

Pre-race: Kullamannen Ultra

It's a little after 7am and I've been awake for a couple of hours. Two hours from now I'll be standing on the start-line for the Kullamannen Ultra-marathon, which takes in the beautiful Kullan peninsula, a spit of land that juts out into the North Sea and marks the start of the Øresund shipping lane between Sweden and Denmark. The 56 km (34 mile) trail run starts with 27 km on the flat, but then soaks up 1250 m elevation during the last 29 km. My last ultra-marathon was almost a decade ago, when I ran rim-to-rim-to-rim at the Grand Canyon in Arizona (~80 km, with 3,000 m elevation). Whilst today's event is in relative terms a 'short-ultra', I must admit I'm feeling a wee bit nervous. Back in a few hours with my 'post-race' report!

And now on the start line
!

No comments:

Post a Comment